Residency Barrie or Newmarket Stream
The exciting recent addition to the U of T program offers the opportunity to train in one of two large community hospitals in growing communities located less than an hour north of Toronto:
- Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre, Barrie
- Southlake Regional Health Centre, Newmarket
These regional hubs for their surrounding areas provide a wide range of primary, secondary and some tertiary services, creating a rich Family Medicine learning environment.
- Residents will experience the full scope of Family Medicine and specialty rotations.
- Residents will enjoy an excellent teacher to learner ratio with lots of hands-on learning and independence.
- Enthusiastic and energetic faculty will ensure that our residents will receive a top-notch experience at the new sites.
View the Barrie or Newmarket Stream Quick Facts Comparison Chart (PDF) >